We are looking for an Accountant, welcome to join us!
* Responsible for coordinating, administering and controlling financial operations.
* Oversees the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
* Prepares and analyze operation cost information. Collects data and prepares reports on labor, equipment, depreciation, and other operating expenses. Prepares financial statements and other requested reports. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Oversee the control of inventory including receipts, transactions, physical security and ensuring the accuracy of inventory systems and reports. Through auditing and oversight, ensure charges for subcontracted work are accurate and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
* Position will interact with Corning and non-Corning employees.
* Position will also have a strong reporting relationship to the Shared Service Center in Corning, New York where much of the transactional accounting will take place.
*Knowledge of US GAAP and PRC accounting rules
*Undergraduate degree in Finance/Accounting
*Experience in management accounting roles (plant/manufacturing, business analysis, cost accounting)
*Bilingual - Chinese and English
*Highest level of Integrity and ability to appropriately handle confidential information
*Strong interpersonal skills
*Time management skills. Must be able to handle multiple major tasks and still meet hard-stop deadlines
*Self starter - ability to plan ahead, think through the requirements and deliver the best answer